Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A New Beginning

About 2 months ago, I decided to start running again. After taking about 18 months off due to knee issues, back issues and general, I'm a mother, a wife, an employee, person of multiple responsibilities, sick of pounding the pavement burn out - it was time to stop whining & get back down the road.

Damn.  No socks.  A moment or two, standing in the office bathroom, half dressed.... I'm here, I'm ready, crap - do I run?  Blisters are for sure without socks.  Mentally living through the burn of my flesh across the course worn fabric of the inside of my Brooks Glycerine shoes.  You know, nothing is going to stop me from running today.  This is committment, screw it - I'm going sockless.

Hit the pavement, thinking about the recent runners blogs I'd been reading, the women in their cute running skirts, clean socks... (damn socks - how did I miss them this morning in my rush out the door!???? I am SO particular getting my running stuff all together!) - thinking about what people would say if they knew that not only do I not wash my running clothes weekly, that I actually wait until I can't stand the smell of my own visor & sports bras before washing them, but that I was also actually running without socks today.

Grungy.  Grunge Running.  HEY!  That's me!  A Grunge Runner!  Not a cute, cuddly, sweet smelling girl, but a forget about the makeup, sweat it all out & get out there, doing it runner. 

And a new blog was born.

The next week, I flipped on my pod, opened a new playlist of rockin' music I had made the night before.  Turned the first song on, thinking back to my husband helping me name it.  It was "Grunge" music!  I smiled & laughed out loud as I realized it was another confirmation to the name of my new blog.

Welcome to GrungeRun, where when running is not so pretty and frankly, stinks - hopefully you'll find something to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment