Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fueling yourself off road

This year I’ve definitely brought the run into a more mental realm. Before it was just trying to make it through physically and ignoring my tired mind. But I discovered actually reading about running and amping up the information in my brain about body, mechanism, mentality, fuel, distance – pure information that powers me while I’m pounding the ground. It’s made me very aware and stronger physically as I use the information I’ve gained while I’m running. It’s validated the need for strengthening both mind & body during off hours. Instead of feeling pain, I now can place the pain to a muscle or joint or body part and have a visual of what’s going on and maybe how to fix it. How to run differently next time for a better result. What fuel I need to not crash. Etc. -
We nurture our kids & families – I’m learning how to nurture both my mind and body :)

No comments:

Post a Comment