Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Running on Light

Today's Run Like a Mother blog for some reason brought a lump to my throat & tears to my eyes. Running is the one thing I've done for myself and has brought me a tremendous amount of self worth. As a woman that does struggle with depression, is on the go 24/7 with little sleep and a lot of pressure, running is the one place I feel truly good about what I'm doing and it fuels my mental creativity (I've developed alot of things out on the road, created movies, written books, blogged, solved life's problems). My best friend told me today she is in awe of me and I do not know why. Because it's a life of pure survival. Either get up & go or sit down and lose with those around me paying the price.

So I get up, I go - I get up and run. And often, the light of my soul is found there.

There is where I feel "I CAN".

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following my blog! And BTW...I feel the same way. A friend I haven't seen in a long time said to me, "Where did you get that nice bootie?" And I wanted to say, "Not by sitting around drinking wine, feeling sorry for myself." But I didn't say that, I said it was under there this whole time, I just had to work off the outer layer. =)

    ReplyDelete